Thursday, May 25, 2017
Serious home shoppers who are hitting the open house circuit hard during the traditionally busy spring season should not hesitate long, as properties are flying off the market quicker than ever before. That's especially true here in the Bay Area, where homes continue to sell at among the fastest pace in the nation. http://bit.ly/2rDCQW3 . For more information about buying or selling a home, call FRITZ.
Friday, May 19, 2017
Bay Area home sales dipped from March to April, which is not consistent with typical seasonal patterns. Pacific Union Chief Economist Selma Hepp examines the latest numbers and trends in a new Straight Talk column. http://bit.ly/2qC5PZs
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
According to the latest numbers from the California Employment Development Department, the state added 19,300 jobs in March, which is one in five positions that were created nationwide. Read more..
http://bit.ly/2qBytXc . For more information about this and all your real estate needs, call FRITZ.
Lawn-care experts will tell you that all landscaping mistakes by homeowners ultimately come down to two errors: not paying enough attention to your home's outdoor space and paying too much attention to it. http://bit.ly/2quW2Ss . Call FRITZ for all you real estate needs!
Pacific Union Chief Economist Selma Hepp offers her take on the potential impacts of the Trump administration's proposed tax changes and how they might affect homeowners and home buyers.
http://bit.ly/2qAYC8C . For more information about how this might affect you, call FRITZ.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
The spring home buying season has finally kicked in after an abnormally wet winter season and rainfall reaching unprecedented levels. In March, there were about 5,000 home sales registered in Bay Area MLSes, which was a 60% increase from January and February. While the March comeback is seasonally expected, this year's monthly increase was much larger than the historical 45% increase seen in the Bay Area. Read more: http://bit.ly/2piYprd. For more info about the market and buying or selling a home, call FRITZ.
Monday, April 3, 2017
When You're Ready to Buy a Home:
* Calculate what you can afford. Use a home affordability calculator to make sure you're ready for the mortgage payments.
* Check your credit score and fix any in accuracies you discover ASAP.
* Save up for a down payment. Most lenders require 5 to 20 percent.
* Be ready for additional closing costs. Plan to have approx 4 percent of the home's purchase price on hand to cover taxes and fees.
* Re-evaluate your insurance coverage and update all your policies.
When It's Time to Sell:
* Declutter and clean your home ready to show.
* Take inventory of what needs to be fixed, such as roof work, paint and landscaping.
* Decide on a selling price---pull the comps in your area. For more info and help with all your real estate needs, call FRITZ.
Friday, March 31, 2017
Many homeowners feeling cramped in their current quarters may be overlooking some extra living space that is right above their heads -- in the attic. Homeowners with an unfinished attic have a viable option when they want more room. Remodeling an attic may be easier and more cost-effective than renovating a basement and it's a lot simpler than building an addition.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2mXdDVe